So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13 ESV
What does it mean to love someone beyond without limits? Unconditional love?
How can you possibly love a man?
Ok, I am gonna describe myself and I know that you are much more lovable than me…
How does my wife possibly love me????? I am a cow hand and farmer. I am dirty and messy and all those things that go with being a cow hand.
- My boots are muddy and stink and as I have been blessed with age I am too lazy to take them off every time I walk into “her house.”
- My hands are calloused and grease stained from maintaining equipment.
- I never want to take a vacation. ***What if the cows need my help???***
Oh Yes, did I mention that in my efforts to repurpose my life, I am learning to be a preacher? Constantly studying God’s Word, sermons on Sunday mornings, visits to the sick and shut-ins, evangelism visits, counseling sessions, Constantly studying God’s Word.
And I ask again. How does my wife possibly love me????
Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 1 John 4:11 ESV
Praise the Lord! She loves me just as I love her, because God first loved us.
God loves us with all our faults and failures.
- Through those times when we leave our dirty socks on the living room floor.
- During those times when we found it too difficult to get out of bed to go to church.
- Through those times when her bra is hanging to dry on the shower door.
- When we swear and ask Him to damn the truck driver to hell for cutting in front of us.
- When we covet the neighbors diamond ring.
- When we walk by the homeless person instead of offering him a hand up or putting some money in his cup
- When we are the homeless person addicted to mind altering substances doing our best to escape ourselves and the world around us.
- When we are unwilling to trust God to help with the solution we need for our calamity, even when it…